J. EDGAR – November 9, 2011
As the face of law enforcement in America for almost fifty years, J. Edgar Hoover was feared and admired, reviled and revered. But behind closed doors, he held secrets that would have destroyed his image, his career and his life.
Academy Award® nominee Leonardo DiCaprio (“Inception,” “Blood Diamond”) stars in the title role of “J. Edgar,” a drama that explores the public and private life of one of the most powerful, controversial and enigmatic figures of the 20th century.
“J. Edgar” also stars Academy Award® nominee Naomi Watts (“21 Grams”) as Helen Gandy, Hoover’s longtime secretary; Armie Hammer (“The Social Network”) as Hoover’s protégé Clyde Tolson; and Oscar® winner Judi Dench (“Shakespeare in Love”) as Hoover’s over-protective mother, Anne Marie Hoover. The main cast also includes Josh Lucas (“Life as We Know It”) as the legendary aviator Charles Lindbergh, whose son’s kidnapping changes the public profile of the F.B.I., and Ken Howard (“Grey Gardens”).
“J. Edgar” was produced by Eastwood, Oscar® winner Brian Grazer (“A Beautiful Mind,” “Frost/Nixon”) and Oscar® nominee Robert Lorenz (“Letters from Iwo Jima,” “Mystic River”), with Tim Moore and Erica Huggins serving as executive producers.
Behind the scenes, Eastwood reunited with his longtime collaborators, including director of photographyTomStern, production designer James J. Murakami, editors Joel Cox and Gary D. Roach, and costume designer Deborah Hopper. Eastwood is composing the score for the film.
A Warner Bros. Pictures presentation, “J. Edgar” was produced under the banners of Malpaso and Imagine Entertainment. It will be released in limited markets on Wednesday, November 09, 2011 and expand to a wide release on Friday, November 11, 2011. The film will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.
This film has been rated R for brief strong language.
- Leonardo DiCaprio ‘J. Edgar’ Photos Released (mtv.com)
- J. Edgar Hoover Biopic Gets Oscar-Ready Release Date (bilerico.com)
- Leonardo DiCaprio Enters the Oscar Race in First Trailer for ‘J. Edgar’ (moviefone.com)
- Leonardo DiCaprio Enters the Oscar Race in First Trailer for ‘J. Edgar’ (hdmovies4pc.wordpress.com)
- First Official Look: Leonardo DiCaprio in ‘J. Edgar’ (slashfilm.com)
- Leonardo Di Caprio in the First Trailer for Clint Eastwood’s J. Edgar (screencrave.com)
- Clint Eastwood’s J. EDGAR to Premiere at AFI Fest (collider.com)
- Clint Eastwood’s J. EDGAR Trailer is Released (geektyrant.com)
- ‘J. Edgar’ Trailer: Clint Eastwood and Leonardo DiCaprio Chronicle America’s Most Infamous Lawman (slashfilm.com)
- First look at ‘J. Edgar’ (politico.com)