“Fair is Fair”
DEBUTS ON DVD
Manufacture-on-Demand Service Releases the Cult Classic
Available on DVD for the First Time November 1st
CULVER CITY, CALIF. (October 24, 2011) – The newly-remastered cult classic The Legend of Billie Jean (1985) makes its DVD debut November 1st as part of Sony Pictures Home Entertainment’s (SPHE) “Columbia Classics” line-up. A young girl and her friends become fugitives after an accidental shooting and set out to prove that “fair is fair.” The film stars Helen Slater (Ruthless People, The Secret of My Success), Christian Slater (Heathers, True Romance), Keith Gordon (Christine, Back to School), Peter Coyote (Outrageous Fortune, TV’s “Law & Order: LA”), Yeardley Smith (As Good As It Gets, TV’s “The Simpsons”), and Academy Award® nominee Dean Stockwell (Best Supporting Actor, Married to the Mob, 1988). The bonus material includes all-new commentary by Helen Slater and Yeardley Smith. Consumers can purchase the high-quality DVD on Amazon, Warner Archive (wbshop.com) or Critics’ Choice Video (CCVideo.com). The Legend of Billie Jean will retail for $20.95 SLP, plus shipping.
When local rich kid Hubie Pyatt (Barry Tubb) steals and wrecks Binx Davy’s beloved motor scooter, Binx’s older sister, Billie Jean (Helen Slater, City Slickers), demands the $608 it costs to fix it. Binx shoots Mr. Pyatt (Richard Bradford) by accident and he and Billie Jean flee town, accompanied by Billie Jean’s girlfriends, Ophelia (Martha Gehman) and Putter (Yeardley Smith, As Good As It Gets). They become fugitives and when they pick up a very willing hostage, Lloyd (Keith Gordon, Christine), they become criminals. Billie Jean becomes a legend in her own time, a symbol of freedom to teenagers everywhere.
“Academy Award®” and “Oscar®” are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
About Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment is a Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) company. SPE is a subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America, a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE’s global operations encompass motion picture production and distribution; television production and distribution; home entertainment acquisition and distribution; a global channel network; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; development of new entertainment products, services and technologies; and distribution of entertainment in more than 140 countries. Sony Pictures Entertainment can be found on the World Wide Web at http://www.sonypictures.com.
- “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2” Wins Hollywood Movie Awards (yubanet.com)
- ArtsBeat Blog: ‘Paranormal Activity 3’ Has Record Opening Weekend (artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Movie Projector: ‘Puss in Boots’ to stomp on competition (latimesblogs.latimes.com)
- Underworld Trilogy The Essential Collection on Blu-ray Also includes two tickets to see the new movie Underworld: Awakening in theaters (cinemaic.wordpress.com)
- Jason Segel in negotiations to make SEX TAPE with Reese Witherspoon (geektyrant.com)
- STARSHIP TROOPERS: INVASION. Coming Summer 2012 (cinemaic.wordpress.com)
- 2011 Reaper Award Winners Announced! (dreadcentral.com)
- A Good Old Fashioned Orgy – The Undressing Begins December 27th, 2011, on Unrated DVD and Digital (cinemaic.wordpress.com)
- Do You Want To Be Inspired? See This Sports Movie (ladylovespinstripes.com)
- The Civil Wars Cover Billie Jean (mgpcpastor.com)