I remember back in 1987 watching a new Television Network Called “Fox” which began with a hand full of programs including:
“Married With Children”
and The Tracy Ulman Show which was a half-hour long Sketch Comedy show. The Tracy Ulman show featured 45 seconds to 60 seconds Bump Ins and Bumps Outs with animated shorts of the most disfunctional funniest family called the “Simpsons“. I was only thirtheen years old at the time but I remember turning to my younger brother and stating “Man those cartoons have potential”. Sure enough The Simpsons received thre own show helped dethrown the Cosby show. 24 years later the show is still running and are getting ready to release the 14th season on Blu-Ray and DVD.
Humans! You are cordially invited to a feast for the senses with the Dec. 6th release of “THE SIMPSONS” SEASON 14 Blu-ray and DVD from the foolish earthlings at Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment.
“THE SIMPSONS” SEASON 14 Blu-ray and DVD are loaded with bonus features including the incredible 300th episode starring Tony Hawk and blink-182. Additionally, the Blu-ray and DVD are packed with deleted scenes, features and never-before-seen footage, audio commentaries, sketch galleries, original animated menus, a special language feature and much more.
Other guest stars throughout the season include rock ‘n’ roll legends Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Lenny Kravitz, Tom Petty, Elvis Costello and Brian Setzer. Also paying Springfield a visit are Elliott Gould, Marisa Tomei, Little Richard and the dynamic duo of Adam West and Burt Ward.
ABOUT THE SIMPSONS
The longest-running scripted show in television history, THE SIMPSONS exploded into a cultural phenomenon in 1990 and has remained one of the most groundbreaking and innovative entertainment franchises, recognizable throughout the world. Matt Groening created the iconic family: Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa and Maggie.
Currently airing its record-annihilating 23rd season, THE SIMPSONS will celebrate their historic 500th episode in February 2012, and creator Matt Groening will receive a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. The series has won 27 Emmy Awards, been the subject of a hit feature film, created “Krustyland” and a revolutionary virtual coaster – The Simpsons Ride – at Universal Studios, received a Star on The Hollywood Walk of Fame, been honored with five U.S. postal stamps personally designed by Matt Groening, and named the “Best Show of the 20th Century” by Time Magazine.
THE SIMPSONS is a Gracie Films Production in association with 20th Century Fox Television. James L. Brooks, Matt Groening, and Al Jean are the Executive Producers. The Gracie Films Worldwide Brand Division develops and produces the Blu-ray and DVD collections for the series. Film Roman, a Starz Media Company, is the animation house.
- The Simpsons Season 23 Episode Two Bart Stops to Smell The Roosevelts (socyberty.com)
- Business Lessons from The Simpsons Show (pushingonthrough.wordpress.com)
- The Simpsons Get Renewed For Two More Seasons (iamritaliciouz.wordpress.com)
- Matt Groening Apple Ad of the Day (geeks.thedailywh.at)
- Apple Ads by Matt Groening (neatorama.com)
- Lynda Barry on ‘what is an image’ (mechanizedeye.wordpress.com)
- Matt Groening’s New Digs: Simpsons creator Matt Groening has just… (curbed.com)
- I Simpsons sono salvi. Dopo un negoziato molto teso, raggiunto l’accordo per le stagioni numero 24 e 25. Un record. (lagiustadistanza.com)
- ‘Simpsons’ to return for 24th and 25th seasons (today.msnbc.msn.com)
- ‘The Simpsons’ Renewed for Two More Seasons by Fox (tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com)