ON THE ROAD TO SUPERSTARDOM,
A YOUNG STARLET MUST FIND HER WAY HOME
LOS ANGELES (December 6, 2011) – A story about faith, family, and the power of love, MAMA, I WANT TO SING smashes onto DVD February 14 from Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment. Adapted from the hit off-Broadway musical, MAMA, I WANT TO SING brings down the house with electrifying performances by R&B and gospel music legends.
Talented but naïve, Amara Winter (multi-platinum selling artist Ciara) is a young gospel singer who dreams of pop stardom. Raised in a tight-knit community, Amara is discovered by agents who quickly propel her to the top with recording sessions and television appearances. Soured by the sudden media attention, Amara’s preacher mother (Emmy Award®-winner Lynn Whitfield, Redemption: The Stan Tookie Williams Story) implores her to stay grounded. Amara faithfully pursues her music career even in the face of creating a strained relationship with her mother, and turns to her father (Grammy Award®-winner Marvin Winans, I Can Do Bad All By Myself) and Sister Carrie (Grammy Award®-winner Patti LaBelle, “A Different World”) for support. On her way to the limelight, Amara must learn to navigate the often-treacherous world of celebrity and find a way to remain true to herself and to her family.
MAMA, I WANT TO SING features a star-studded cast, including Billy Zane (Titanic), Broadway legend Ben Vereen (All That Jazz), Hill Harper (For Colored Girls), and Kevin Phillips (Notorious). Prebook is January 18.
About Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, LLC (TCFHE) is a recognized global industry leader and a subsidiary of Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation, a News Corporation company. Representing 75 years of innovative and award-winning filmmaking from Twentieth Century Fox, TCFHE is the worldwide marketing, sales and distribution company for all Fox film and television programming, acquisitions and original productions on DVD, Blu-ray Disc Digital Copy, Video On Demand and Digital Download. The company also releases all products globally for MGM Home Entertainment. Each year TCFHE introduces hundreds of new and newly enhanced products, which it services to retail outlets from mass merchants and warehouse clubs to specialty stores and e-commerce throughout the world.
- Family Guy Hits the Big Screen in 10 Cities for a One Night Only Midnight Event (cinemaic.wordpress.com)
- Experience the Original Academy Award -Winning Movie As WEST SIDE STORY: 50th ANNIVERSARY EDITION Makes Its Blu-ray Debut on November 15 (cinemaic.wordpress.com)
- David Lynch’s Modern Day Masterpiece Debuts On Blu-ray November 8 (cinemaic.wordpress.com)
- Stars and Stripes Forever Marches onto Blu-ray Combo Pack December 13 (cinemaic.wordpress.com)
- Now on Blu-Ray, “X-Men: First Class” (cinemaic.wordpress.com)
- RISE OF THE PLANET OF THE APES makes its worldwide debut on Blu-ray, DVD and digital download on December 13th (cinemaic.wordpress.com)
- Ice Age: A Mammoth Christmas now on Blu-ray and DVD November 26 (cinemaic.wordpress.com)
- The Whistleblower Arrives on Blu-ray and DVD January 24 (cinemaic.wordpress.com)
- In the Name of the King 2 Arrives on Blu-ray and DVD December 27 (cinemaic.wordpress.com)
- What’s Your Number Arrives on Blu-ray and DVD January 10 (cinemaic.wordpress.com)