Enjoy the sold out concert in the comfort of your living room
LOS ANGELES (Dec. 19, 2011) – Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment has teamed with Shazam® to present an industry first – the premiere of the first Shazam-enabled Blu-ray and DVD with the release of GLEE: THE CONCERT MOVIE on December 20th.
GLEE: THE CONCERT MOVIE stars Lea Michele, Jane Lynch, Cory Monteith, Chris Colfer, Dianna Agron, Darren Criss, Mark Salling, Naya Rivera, Heather Morris and the rest of the GLEE cast and is packed with new exciting never-before-seen and extended performances, clips of fans’ favorite characters, exclusive extras and more.
Fans watching GLEE: THE CONCERT MOVIE on Blu-ray and DVD will see Shazam prompts on the screen alerting them to a Shazamable moment. Using their smartphones, fans can “tag” the movie when prompted to unlock exclusive content, including:
● Song lyrics in time with the music using the LyricPlay feature;
● Exclusive behind the scenes footage not seen in theaters;
● Exclusive photos of the cast; and,
● Trivia about one of FOX’s most popular shows
● Offers for Glee Seasons 1 and 2 on DVD as well as Glee merchandise
Every time people use Shazam while watching the movie, their tag will live on in their Tag List, giving them access to the extras that they can “snack on” anytime and anywhere, so they can be engaged with the movie even when they’re not near a TV! Additionally, with the Shazam Friends feature, they can share their finds with their Facebook friends.
“The Shazam App lets fans interact with GLEE: THE CONCERT MOVIE in a way that’s never been done before,” said Mary Daily, Executive Vice President, Marketing for Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment. “Working with Shazam underscores our commitment to leverage technology innovations to deliver the very best entertainment experiences to fans.”
“Incorporating Shazam for TV into a DVD or Blu-Ray release is a perfect fit for what Shazam is known for – discovering more about entertainment,” said David Jones, Shazam’s Executive Vice President, Marketing. “For many years, people have been using Shazam to unlock information about the songs they love, so working with Fox Home Entertainment to give people a truly interactive experience with the GLEE: THE CONCERT MOVIE DVD is a natural next step in the expansion of what people can do with the Shazam App on their mobile device.”
About Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, LLC (TCFHE) is a recognized global industry leader and a subsidiary of Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation, a News Corporation company. Representing 75 years of innovative and award-winning filmmaking from Twentieth Century Fox, TCFHE is the worldwide marketing, sales and distribution company for all Fox film and television programming, acquisitions and original productions on DVD, Blu-ray Disc Digital Copy, Video On Demand and Digital Download. The company also releases all products globally for MGM Home Entertainment. Each year TCFHE introduces hundreds of new and newly enhanced products, which it services to retail outlets from mass merchants and warehouse clubs to specialty stores and e-commerce throughout the world.
Shazam is the world’s leading mobile discovery company, enabling people to experience and share content across mobile devices and the Internet. With more than 165 million people using the service in 200 countries, Shazam has created a new way to learn about music, TV and brands and share finds with friends. For people who don’t yet have the Shazam application on their smartphone, it can be found on iTunes App Store, Android Market, Amazon App Store, AT&T’s AppCenter, Verizon VCast app store, The Nokia Store, Windows Phone Marketplace, BlackBerry App World, and GetJar. For further information about Shazam Entertainment visit www.shazam.com and @ShazamNews or follow us on Facebook. For daily music updates follow the Shazam Blog www.shazamers.com and @Shazam. The Shazam name and symbol are trademarks of Shazam Entertainment Limited. Shazam Media enquiries: PR@shazamteam.com
- EyeWonder Launches Rich Media Campaign Using Facebook Connect for Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment with Moxie Interactive (prweb.com)
- Archer Season 2 NOW Blu-ray and DVD (cinemaic.wordpress.com)
- The Big Year Arrives on Blu-ray and DVD January 31 (cinemaic.wordpress.com)
- Shazam expands tagging to DVD and Blu-ray with Glee promotion (thenextweb.com)
- Futurama Volume 6 now Blu-ray and DVD as of December 20th (cinemaic.wordpress.com)
- Family Guy Volume 9 Arrived on DVD December 13 (cinemaic.wordpress.com)
- Mama I Want To Sing Arrives on DVD February 14 (cinemaic.wordpress.com)
- DVD Review: Glee: The Concert (blogcritics.org)
- Genre DVD Picks (scifitalk.com)
- Shark Night on BD and DVD January 3 (cinemaic.wordpress.com)