“Hard-boiled crime yarn with colorful characters and considerable style.”
– Ray Bennett / HOLLYWOOD REPORTER
“Tense from beginning to end, Colin Farrell is electric.”
– Jarett Wieselman / ETonline
Golden Globe® winner Colin Farrell and Academy Award® nominee
Keira Knightley Star in the Action-Packed Crime Drama
From the Academy Award® Winning Writer of The Departed
Not Every Criminal Wants To Be One
Exploding February 21, 2012, on Blu-ray™, DVD and Digital
– Includes The Making of ‘London Boulevard’ Featurette! –
Culver City, CA (12/20/11) – Golden Globe® winner Colin Farrell (2009, Best Actor, In Bruges) and Academy Award® nominee Keira Knightley (2006, Best Actress, Pride and Prejudice) star in the action-packed crime drama LONDON BOULEVARD, available February 21, 2012, on Blu-ray™, DVD and Digital from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment.
Academy Award® winning screenwriter William Monahan (2007, Best Adapted Screenplay, The Departed) makes his directorial debut with this stylish and action-packed tale of an ex-con (Farrell) and a reclusive actress (Knightley) who run afoul of one of London’s most vicious crime bosses (Ray Winstone, The Departed). Kyle Smith of “The New York Post” raves, “Monahan…draws superb performances from his cast,” which also includes David Thewlis (War Horse), Anna Friel (Limitless) and Ben Chaplin (Me and Orson Welles). Movie fans craving killer action and crackling suspense will want to own LONDON BOULEVARD on Blu-ray™ and DVD, which include the exciting behind-the-scenes bonus feature “The Making of London Boulevard.”
LONDON BOULEVARD will be priced to own at $35.99 SRP (BD) and $30.99 (DVD).
The directorial debut of William Monahan, the Oscar®-winning screenwriter of The Departed, LONDON BOULEVARD follows an ex-con trying to make a fresh start in a relationship with a reclusive actress. A sexy, stylish gangster thriller bristling with wit and brutal intrigue, London Boulevard stars Colin Farrell and Keira Knightley as star-crossed lovers who run afoul of one of London¹s most vicious crime bosses.
LONDON BOULEVARD is based on the book by Ken Bruen. The screenplay was written and directed by William Monahan, produced by Graham King (The Departed, The Town), Tim Headington (Rango, The Tourist), Quentin Curtis and William Monahan. It was executive produced by Redmond Morris (The Reader, Notes on a Scandal) and Colin Vaines (My Week with Marilyn, Gangs of New York). It has a run time of approximately 103 minutes and has been rated R for strong violence, pervasive language, some nudity and drug use.
Blu-ray™ and DVD Bonus Material
• The Making of London Boulevard
- Which Premiere Look Do You Like Better On Keira Knightley? (bellasugar.com)
- Shadowy ‘London Boulevard’ echoes earlier films (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Colin Farrell: ‘London Boulevard’ Trailer! (justjared.buzznet.com)
- Anonymous on Blu-ray™, DVD and Digital February 7, 2012 (cinemaic.wordpress.com)
- New poster for LONDON BOULEVARD starring Colin Farrell (geektyrant.com)
- TAKE SHELTER Arrives on Blu-ray and DVD February 14th (cinemaic.wordpress.com)
- New LONDON BOULEVARD trailer starring Colin Farrell and Keira Knightley (geektyrant.com)
- Film: Movie Review: London Boulevard (avclub.com)
- Trailer for London Boulevard Starring Colin Farrell, Keira Knightley and Anna Friel (shoppingblog.com)
- You: ‘London Boulevard’ (japantimes.co.jp)