The 1977 cult classic is coming soon to Blu-Ray!!!!!
This animated film pave the waves Japanese Animation which has become part of American culture as major form of entertainment. This is a film that will not dissapoint!!
DELVE INTO RALPH BAKSHI’S CULT CLASSIC
LIKE NEVER BEFORE
The Fantastical Allegory Comes to Life for the First Time
On Blu-ray March 13
Los Angeles, CA (January 10, 2012) –Twentieth Century Fox’s first-ever animated film, created by renowned director Ralph Bakshi, WIZARDS appears in a 35th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray + Book release on March 13 from Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment. Celebrating its 35th anniversary, the “epic fantasy of peace and magic” stars the voice talent of Mark Hamill (Star Wars Saga). The special edition Blu-ray + Book release is a must-have for fans and collectors, featuring 24-pages of amazing artwork from the film, some of the artwork never-before-seen, and a special message from Bakshi!
Set on a post-apocalyptic Earth, this fantasy adventure follows the story of Avatar, the kindly, eccentric sorcerer-ruler of Montagar, a rainbow paradise inhabited by elves and fairies. Avatar’s evil brother, Blackwolf, dominates Scortch, a bleak land of goblins and wraiths. When the power-hungry Blackwolf attacks Montagar, Avatar, accompanied only by a spirited young woman and a courageous elf, must enter the darkness of Scortch to save his world.
WIZARDS will be available as a Blu-ray + Book release for the ARP of $19.99. Prebook is February 15th.
About Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, LLC (TCFHE) is a recognized global industry leader and a subsidiary of Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation, a News Corporation company. Representing 75 years of innovative and award-winning filmmaking from Twentieth Century Fox, TCFHE is the worldwide marketing, sales and distribution company for all Fox film and television programming, acquisitions and original productions on DVD, Blu-ray Disc Digital Copy, Video On Demand and Digital Download. The company also releases all products globally for MGM Home Entertainment. Each year TCFHE introduces hundreds of new and newly enhanced products, which it services to retail outlets from mass merchants and warehouse clubs to specialty stores and e-commerce throughout the world.
- Shark Night on BD and DVD January 3 (cinemaic.wordpress.com)
- Futurama Volume 6 now Blu-ray and DVD as of December 20th (cinemaic.wordpress.com)
- Family Guy Volume 9 Arrived on DVD December 13 (cinemaic.wordpress.com)
- Mama I Want To Sing Arrives on DVD February 14 (cinemaic.wordpress.com)
- Bond 50 Blu-Ray Set Announced (larryfire.wordpress.com)
- Glee: The Concert Movie Blu-ray and DVD Features Industry First – Shazamable Moments (cinemaic.wordpress.com)
- Martha Marcy May Marlene on Blu-ray and DVD February 21 (cinemaic.wordpress.com)
- EyeWonder Launches Rich Media Campaign Using Facebook Connect for Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment with Moxie Interactive (prweb.com)
- All 22 James Bond Films to Be Released in One Blu-ray Box Set This Fall; Updated With Trailer (collider.com)
- The Big Year Arrives on Blu-ray and DVD January 31 (cinemaic.wordpress.com)