BASED ON THE TRUE STORY OF JUNG, FREUD
AND THE PATIENT WHO CAME BETWEEN THEM
“An erotic mind-bender! An exhilarating provocation!”
Rolling Stone, Peter Travers
A David Cronenberg Film
Director of A History of Violence and Eastern Promises
A DANGEROUS METHOD
Available on Blu-ray™, DVD and Digital March 27th
CULVER CITY, CALIF. (February 13, 2012) – Based on the true story of renowned psychoanalyst Sigmund Freud, his determined colleague Carl Jung, and a disturbed patient who challenged the minds and work ethics of both men, A Dangerous Method arrives on Blu-ray™, DVD and digital March 27th from Sony Pictures Classics and Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. This riveting, dark drama from director David Cronenberg brings together a prominent ensemble cast including Academy Award® nominee Keira Knightley (Lead Actress, Pride & Prejudice), Academy Award® nominee Viggo Mortensen (Lead Actor, Eastern Promises), Golden Globe® nominee Michael Fassbender (Best Actor, Shame) and Vincent Cassel (Black Swan).
A Dangerous Method premiered at the 2011 Venice Film Festival and was an Official Selection at the 2011 Toronto International Film Festival and 2011 New York Film Festival. The film’s star Viggo Mortensen also received a Golden Globe nomination for Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture.
A Dangerous Method was directed by David Cronenberg (Eastern Promises) and written by Academy Award winner Christopher Hampton (Best Writing, Dangerous Liaisons). The film was produced by Academy Award winner Jeremy Thomas (Best Picture, The Last Emperor) and executive produced by Thomas Sterchi (Beyond This Place), Matthias Zimmermann, Karl Spoerri, Stephan Mallmann, and Peter Watson (Essential Killing).
The Blu-ray and DVD both contain special features including commentary with director David Cronenberg, The Making of A Dangerous Method and AFI’s Master Seminar with David Cronenberg.
Synopsis: Seduced by the challenge of an impossible case, the driven Dr. Carl Jung (Fassbender) takes the unbalanced yet beautiful Sabina Spielrein (Knightley) as his patient. Jung’s weapon is the method of his master, the renowned Sigmund Freud (Mortensen). Both men fall under Sabina’s spell. This film is based on a true story.
Blu-ray and DVD Special Features include:
• Commentary with Director David Cronenberg
• The Making of A Dangerous Method
• AFI’s Harold Lloyd Master Seminar with David Cronenberg
- A Dangerous Method (2011) (5plitreel.wordpress.com)
- Knightley enjoys research for ‘A Dangerous Method’ (goerie.com)
- A Dangerous Method (15) (newstatesman.com)
- A Dangerous Method, review (telegraph.co.uk)
- ‘Dangerous Method’ probes men of psychoanalysis (mysanantonio.com)
- A Dangerous Method (alternativechronicle.wordpress.com)
- Keira Knightley wonders if the English like spanking, as A Dangerous Method premières (lucire.com)
- A Dangerous Method – review (guardian.co.uk)
- Carpetbagger Blog: Viggo Mortensen and ‘Dangerous Method’s’ Fate (carpetbagger.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Michael Fassbender and Keira Knightley Hit Venice With Viggo, Vincent, and David (popsugar.com)
- VIDEO: A Dangerous Method’s UK premiere (bbc.co.uk)
- A Dangerous Method (charlotteweston.wordpress.com)