ARC ENTERTAINMENT ANNOUNCES WIDE U.S. THEATRICAL RELEASE OF
FOR GREATER GLORY
— ACTION EPIC TO BE RELEASED ON FRIDAY, JUNE 1 —
SANTA MONICA, CALIFORNIA – (March 8, 2012) ARC Entertainment announced today the action epic FOR GREATER GLORY, will receive a wide theatrical release in the U.S. on Friday, June 1. The film’s adventure unfolds against the long-hidden, true story of the 1920s Cristero War – the daring people’s revolt that rocked 20th Century North America. Produced by Pablo Jose Barroso, Academy Award® nominee Andy Garcia and Golden Globe winner Eva Longoria lead a stellar multinational cast that includes the legendary Peter O’Toole, rapidly rising star Oscar Isaac (DRIVE), recording star and actor Ruben Blades (SAFE HOUSE), Bruce Greenwood (STAR TREK, SUPER 8), Nestor Carbonell (THE DARK NIGHT RISES), Bruce McGill (LINCOLN), Santiago Cabrera (“Heroes,” CHE), Oscar®-nominated Catalina Sandino Moreno (MARIA FULL OF GRACE) and Eduardo Verástegui (BELLA).
Director Dean Wright brings a visual power honed from years as a leading Hollywood effects guru – on such blockbusters as TITANIC, THE LORD OF THE RINGS trilogy and CHRONICLES OF NARNIA – to this real-life tale that has never been told on screen before. The film is written by Michael Love.
“FOR GREATER GLORY is a powerful true story that has been a passion project for all those involved,” said producer Pablo Jose Barroso. “We’re proud to be working with ARC Entertainment who shares our passion for the film.”
What would you pay for the price of freedom? In FOR GREATER GLORY, an impassioned group of men and women each make the decision to risk it all for family, faith and the very future of their country, as General Gorostieta (Garcia), the retired military man who at first thinks he has nothing personal at stake as he and his wife (Longoria) watch Mexico fall into a violent civil war. Yet the man who hesitates in joining the cause will soon become the resistance’s most inspiring and self-sacrificing leader, as he begins to see the cost of religious persecution on his countrymen . . . and transforms a rag-tag band of rebels into a heroic force to be reckoned with. The General faces impossible odds against a powerful and ruthless government. Yet is those he meets on the journey – youthful idealists, feisty renegades and, most of all, one remarkable teenager named Jose – who reveal to him how courage and belief are forged even when justice seems lost.
FOR GREATER GLORY ANNOUNCEMENT/ PAGE TWO
Shooting on historic locations throughout Mexico, the equally accomplished behind the scenes team includes director of photography Eduardo Martinez Solares (BAD HABITS), Oscar®-nominated editor Richard Francis-Bruce (THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION, SEVEN, HARRY POTTER AND THE SORCERER’S STONE), production designer Salvador Parra (VOLVER) and Oscar®-winning composer James Horner (AVATAR, TITANIC, BRAVEHEART).
To follow updates on FOR GREATER GLORY, please go to the following:
Official Website – http://www.ForGreaterGlory.com
Facebook — www.facebook.com/ForGreaterGlory
Twitter — www.twitter.com/ForGreaterGlory
About ARC Entertainment
■ ARC Entertainment provides brand marketing, retail strategy, physical distribution and sales services for consumer products, with an emphasis on entertainment-based products.
■ ARC Entertainment is a “solutions based” distribution company. ARC Entertainment’s un-paralleled relationships with national retailers, coupled with strong sales and marketing expertise, enables ARC Entertainment to explore unique programs and business models for its content partners.
■ The Company develops creative and profitable retail marketing programs by connecting Intellectual Property and Content owners directly with retailers. This enables ARC Entertainment to truly align content development, investment and distribution with the requirements of retailers and their customers.
■ ARC Entertainment monetizes Content in multiple revenue streams including; DVD, Blu-ray, Digital, Electronic Sell-Through, Streaming, VOD, PPV, Pay and Free TV.
■ ARC Entertainment is led by a seasoned management team with significant experience in brand building,
- VIDEO: Iranians unable to watch Oscar glory (bbc.co.uk)
- Oscar-winner’s homecoming celebration scrapped by Iran – Entertainment Weekly Online (news-briefs.ew.com)
- Aud demand drives ‘Senna’ Blu-ray bow (variety.com)
- Join Me Here Soon For Oscars Beauty Polls! (bellasugar.com)
- The 6th Floor Blog: The Oscar Host You Can Make at Home (6thfloor.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Gwyneth Paltrow on Blue Ivy Carter: ‘She is going to be an entertainer’ (thegrio.com)
- Fab Ad: Gap Fall ’08 (fabsugar.com)
- ARC Entertainment Announces Massive National Rollout for Sarah Palin Film, ‘The Undefeated’ (prweb.com)
- EXCLUSIVE: Mexican War Drama ‘Cristiada’ Picked Up For U.S. Distribution by ARC Entertainment (muhsadam.wordpress.com)
- DVD/Blu-ray Review: Stocking Stuffers (popdose.com)
- The Western/Israeli War Against Iran Is A Distraction From The Global Financial And Political Crisis (disquietreservations.blogspot.com)
- Voices of Maui Photo/News Blog of the Day: FOR THE GREATER GLORY OF BOOKS (voicesofmaui.wordpress.com)
- Cast into the Deep… (throughhimwithhiminhim.wordpress.com)
- A Crown of Glory and a Diadem of Beauty (dawnmarie4.wordpress.com)
- Transformed by Christ’s Glory (cumcconnect.org)
- Five Oscar Nominations That Took Us By Surprise (hollywood.com)
- DVD: William A. Wellman’s ‘Wings’ With Clara Bow on Blu-ray (nytimes.com)
- Have You Seen the Face of God? (lbbfchurch.wordpress.com)
- How the Gospel Helps to Overlook an Insult (memoirandremains.wordpress.com)
- Casablanca (1942) (melonthelibrarian.wordpress.com)
- Will Fincher’s Remake of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo Make Oscar History? (bilerico.com)
- An Exception Having Been Made…Or, You Might Be A Racist If…PART 2 (bycommonconsent.com)
- Chain Reactions | Glory #23 (robot6.comicbookresources.com)
- Beams of Heaven As I Go – A Meditation on the Gospel for the Second Sunday of Lent (adw.org)
- Preach Reprobation and Preach it Hard! (arminianperspectives.wordpress.com)
- The Imperial History of Earth-Regency Part 5: The Cold War Begins – 1945-1959 (campaignmastery.com)
- What does passing from Glory to Glory mean? (ptl2010.com)
- ARC Entertainment sets date for ‘Glory’ (variety.com)
- Atlanta Cutlery and Museum Replicas Unveil The Robin Hood Collection Based on Universal Pictures’ Epic Action-Adventure Film (prweb.com)
- The War That Killed Achilles ~ Caroline Alexander (chazzw.wordpress.com)
- What Is God’s Glory? by Mark D. Roberts (trinityspeaks.wordpress.com)
- Oscars are a ghost of their glory days (canada.com)
- First-Time Nominee JC Chandor Talks Oscar Nod Glory (huffingtonpost.com)
- A More Enduring Glory (weissministries.wordpress.com)