I rember almost two years ago when on the G4 stage at the 2010 San Diego Comic Con they announced that G4 would be airing some of Marvel Comics most popular charaters Animated in Japan which will be available on DVD this upcomin April!
IRON MAN ANIME & X-MEN ANIME
Explode onto DVD April 24th
Each Set Includes 12 Episodes From Each Series and New Bonus Features!
CULVER CITY, CALIF. (March 5, 2012) – Sony Pictures Home Entertainment and Marvel Animation release the IRON MAN ANIME and X-MEN ANIME on DVD April 24th. With 12 episodes and bonus features in each DVD, bring home the action and adventures of Iron Man and the X-Men in the classic anime style. Guided by New York Times best-selling author Warren Ellis (Iron Man: Extremis, Astonishing X-Men: Xenogenesis) and produced by Madhouse for Marvel Television and Sony Pictures Entertainment Japan (SPEJ). Sony Pictures Home Entertainment is the distributor.
The IRON MAN ANIME stars Adrian Pasdar (Heroes, Castle, Profit) as the voice of Tony Stark. The set contains special bonus features:
• Re-Imagining Iron Man explores the plot and themes of the anime series.
• 21st Century Hero: The Technology of Iron Man introduces fans to Tony Stark’s high-tech suits and gadgets.
• Special Cross Talk round table discussion with the creators of the Iron Man and Wolverine anime series.
• Voicing Tony Stark, an interview with Japanese actor, Keiji Fujiwara.
The X-MEN ANIME features the voice of actor Scott Porter as Cyclops (The Good Wife, Friday Night Lights, Caprica). The set includes:
• Re-Examining The X-Men takes viewers behind-the-scenes of creating X-Men’s mutant tales.
• X-Men: A Team of Outsiders provides an in-depth exploration of Marvel’s most heroic and infamous mutants.
• Special Talk Session round table discussion with the creators of Marvel anime’s X-Men and Blade.
IRON MAN ANIME: Tony Stark arrives in Japan to help implement his goal of world peace by building the Arc Reactor, a carbon-neutral power plant, that once operational will be able to provide limitless (thus free) energy to the world. Set to retire his Iron Man persona, and about to mass-produce a line of Iron Man armor known as “Iron Man Dio,” Stark’s plans are derailed by a series of high tech Mech monsters. Zodiac, a top secret organization funded by the terrorist group A.I.M. is out to disrupt the Arc Station, steal the Dio armor and put an end to Iron Man. The Armored Avenger’s fight is only just beginning.
X-MEN ANIME: The X-MEN are reunited following the death of a teammate and are summoned by Charles Xavier to Japan following the abduction of Hisako Ichiki. There, they confront the U-MEN, a lunatic cult that steals and transplants mutant organs to further strengthen its own army, and the battle for justice is on. Discovering a series of bizarre occurrences in the area they X-Men investigate only to be confronted with a terrible truth that will force them to confront long buried secrets.
Broadcast Year: 2011 (G4)
IRON MAN ANIME and X-MEN ANIME are rated NOT RATED. The DVD sets each have a total run time of approximately 288 minutes.
ABOUT SONY PICTURES HOME ENTERTAINMENT
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment is a Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) company. Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America, a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE’s global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; home entertainment acquisition and distribution; worldwide television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; development of new entertainment products, services and technologies; and distribution of entertainment in more than 142 countries. Sony Pictures Entertainment can be found on the World Wide Web at http://www.sonypictures.com.
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world’s most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing. For more information visit www.marvel.com.
- WYATT EARP’S REVENGE starring Shawn Roberts, Trace Adkins, Matt Dallas and Val Kilmer arrives on DVD March 6th (cinemaic.wordpress.com)
- Sony, Fluent pact for pics (variety.com)
- DVD ANNOUNCE: MONEYBALL slides home on Blu-ray, DVD and Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack January 10th (on digital 12/22) from SPHE (cinemaic.wordpress.com)
- Fireflies in the Garden Debuting on DVD and Digital February 7th (cinemaic.wordpress.com)
- Universal Sony Pictures Home Entertainment appoints retail agency Crossmark (mumbrella.com.au)
- IRON MAN Created in the Style of Pixar (geektyrant.com)
- Anime News: X-Men, Iron Man Complete Series Anime Listed on Amazon (organizationasg.com)
- Turner Classic Movies and Sony Pictures Home Entertainment Bring Five Classic Film Noir Thrillers to DVD for First Time Ever (cinemaic.wordpress.com)
- Marvel’s Iron Man Anime Trailer (samversionone.wordpress.com)
- Iron Man And X-Men Anime Sets (scifitalk.com)
- Ever Wanted To Own Iron Man’s Armour? (gizmodo.com.au)
- More Marvel: ‘Iron Man 3′ Plot Rumor, and Joss Whedon Promises ‘The Avengers’ Release Cut is His Director’s Cut (slashfilm.com)
- Dudes Can Suit Up and Smell Like Iron Man (bellasugar.com)
- Joss Whedon Thinks Iron Man’s Triangle Is “Ass” (geektyrant.com)
- IRON MAN 3 – Story Details Revealed!? (geektyrant.com)
- Is this the plot of Iron Man 3? [Iron Man 3] (io9.com)
- Action-Packed Clip From the BLADE Anime Series (geektyrant.com)
- Please don’t make me watch another movie! (dnextraordinaire.wordpress.com)
- Harry writes up his experience programming & attending BNAT13WOLF!!! (aintitcool.com)