“Playfully hip and hilarious comedy…Smith and Jones are a powerhouse comic pair.”
– Rolling Stone, Peter Travers
Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith return in
MEN IN BLACK™ 2
For The First Time on Blu-ray™ May 1st
Includes UltraViolet™ and
A Sneak Peek and Movie Ticket Offer for MEN IN BLACK™ 3!
CULVER CITY, CALIF. (March 28, 2012) – Just in time for this summer’s highly anticipated MEN IN BLACK™ 3, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment is re-releasing hit films MEN IN BLACK™ (on Blu-ray™ with UltraViolet™) and MEN IN BLACK™ 2 (for the first time on Blu-ray™, and also with UltraViolet™) on May 1st. Including UltraViolet™ on both Blu-ray™ releases allows owners to add the films to their UltraViolet™ Library, enabling them to download or instantly stream the films. Both editions feature new collectible packaging, and will include a sneak peek and movie ticket offer* for MEN IN BLACK™ 3, in theaters May 25th. In addition, the North American version of MEN IN BLACK™ 2 Blu-ray™ will include the new Men in Black playable PlayStation®3 game demo from Activision, where fans in North America can sample a level from the upcoming adventure before its May 22nd release.
The sci-fi adventure comedies, which together boast a lifetime worldwide box office gross of more than
$1 billion, star Academy Award® winner Tommy Lee Jones (1993, Best Supporting Actor, The Fugitive) and two-time Academy Award® nominee Will Smith (2007, Best Actor, The Pursuit of Happyness; 2001, Best Actor in a Leading Role, Ali).
Synopsis: A team of black suited, Ray-ban sporting, top-secret agents in the unofficial government agency, Division 6, have a mission: to monitor extra terrestrial activity on earth, or as they put it “protecting the earth from the scum of the universe.” Both releases are directed by Barry Sonnenfeld (Wild Wild West, RV), and produced by Walter F. Parkes and Laurie MacDonald (both Dinner for Schmucks).
MEN IN BLACK™ Special Features
• Intergalatic Pursuit: The Men In Black Trivia Game
• Ask Frank the Pug!
• Alien Subtitle Track
• Enhanced Telestrator Commentary with Director Barry Sonnefeld and Tommy Lee Jones
• Audio Commentary with Barry Sonnenfeld, Rick Baker, and Industrial Light & Magic Team
• Extended and Alternate Scenes
• Metamorphosis of Men In Black
• Visual Effects Scene Deconstructions
• Character Animation Studies
• Storyboard Comparisons
• Conceptual Art and Storyboard Galleries
• Scene Editing Workshop
• Production Photo Gallery
• “Men In Black” music video starring Will Smith and Mikey
MEN IN BLACK™ 2 Special Features
• Commentary with Director Barry Sonnefeld
• Alternate Ending
• Blooper Reel
• Five Behind-the-Scenes Featurettes
• Creature Featurettes
• Barry Sonnenfeld’s Intergalactic Guide to Comedy
• Animatic Sequence
• Muti-Angle Scene Deconstructions
• “Black Suits Comin’ (Nod Ya Head)” Music Video by Will Smith
• Game demo of the new Men in Black video game
MEN IN BLACK™ has a run time of approximately 98 minutes and is rated PG-13 for language and sci-fi violence. MEN IN BLACK™ 2 has a run time of approximate 88 minutes and is rated PG-13 for sci-fi action violence and some provocative humor. Artwork and clips are available for downloading at www.SPHEPUBLICITY.COM. Visit Sony Pictures Home Entertainment on the Web at www.SonyPictures.com.
*Movie ticket valid for up to $10 at participating theaters. Offer expires 7/5/12.
UltraViolet™ is an entirely new way to collect and enjoy your digital entertainment, giving you the power to instantly access your movies and TV shows with unprecedented flexibility. For more information, visit www.uvvu.com.
SONY PICTURES HOME ENTERTAINMENT
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment is a Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) company. Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America, a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE’s global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; home entertainment acquisition and distribution; worldwide television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; development of new entertainment products, services and technologies; and distribution of entertainment in more than 142 countries. Sony Pictures Entertainment can be found on the World Wide Web at http://www.sonypictures.com.
- The Ides of March Debuting on Blu-ray™ with UltraViolet™, DVD and Digital January 17th (cinemaic.wordpress.com)
- Sony Pictures Home Entertainment names EVP (variety.com)
- THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO arrives on Blu-ray and DVD March 20th (cinemaic.wordpress.com)
- Fireflies in the Garden Debuting on DVD and Digital February 7th (cinemaic.wordpress.com)
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail Debuts on Blu-ray™ with UltraViolet™ March 6th (cinemaic.wordpress.com)
- IRON MAN ANIME and X-MEN ANIME arrive on DVD April 24th (cinemaic.wordpress.com)
- Turner Classic Movies and Sony Pictures Home Entertainment Bring Five Classic Film Noir Thrillers to DVD for First Time Ever (cinemaic.wordpress.com)
- Sony announces UltraViolet enabled discs for the UK (techradar.com)
- Sony to release UltraViolet-enabled discs in the UK (digitalspy.co.uk)
- DVD ANNOUNCE: MONEYBALL slides home on Blu-ray, DVD and Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack January 10th (on digital 12/22) from SPHE (cinemaic.wordpress.com)