ROCK OF AGES In theaters on June 15
Under the direction of Adam Shankman (“Hairspray”), New Line Cinema’s feature film adaptation of the smash hit Broadway musical “Rock of Ages” comes to the big screen.
“Rock of Ages” tells the story of small town girl Sherrie and city boy Drew, who meet on the Sunset Strip while pursuingtheir Hollywood dreams. Their rock ‘n’ roll romance is told through the heart-pounding hits of Def Leppard, Joan Jett, Journey, Foreigner, Bon Jovi, Night Ranger, REO Speedwagon, Pat Benatar, Twisted Sister, Poison, Whitesnake, and more.
The movie musical stars Julianne Hough (“Burlesque”), with actor/singer Diego Boneta in his feature film debut, Russell Brand (“Arthur,” “Get Him to the Greek”), Oscar® nominee Paul Giamatti (“Cinderella Man”), Academy Award® winner Catherine Zeta-Jones (“Chicago”), Malin Akerman (“The Proposal”) and R&B queen Mary J. Blige, with Oscar® nominees Alec Baldwin (“The Cooler”) and Tom Cruise (“Born on the Fourth of July”).
Shankman directs “Rock of Ages” from a screenplay by Justin Theroux and Chris D’Arienzo and Allan Loeb, based on D’Arienzo’s musical of the same name. The film is being produced by Matthew Weaver, Scott Prisand, Carl Levin, Tobey Maguire, Garrett Grant and Jennifer Gibgot, with Toby Emmerich, Richard Brener, Michael Disco, Samuel J. Brown, Hillary Butorac Weaver, Janet Billig Rich, Shankman and D’Arienzo serving as executive producers.
Rounding out the “Rock of Ages” creative team are director of photography Bojan Bazelli (“Hairspray”), production designer Jon Hutman (“It’s Complicated”), editor Emma E. Hickox (“A Walk To Remember”), Oscar®-nominated costume designer Rita Ryack (“How the Grinch Stole Christmas,” “Hairspray”), Grammy-nominated music supervisor Matt Sullivan (“Dreamgirls,” “Nine”), executive and Emmy Award-winning choreographer Mia Michaels (“So You Think You Can Dance”). The original score is by executive music producer Adam Anders and Peer Astrom (TV’s “Glee”).
New Line Cinema presents, a Corner Store Entertainment production, in association with Material Pictures, in association with Offspring Entertainment, an Adam Shankman film, “Rock of Ages.” Opening June 15, 2012, the film will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment
- ‘Rock of Ages’ trailer: Tom Cruise sings! Plus: Director Adam Shankman on the film’s ‘biggest lie’ (insidemovies.ew.com)
- ‘Rock of Ages’: Tom Cruise sings in new trailer (digitalspy.co.uk)
- Hairbrushes At The Ready To Sing ROCK OF AGES Gets First TV Spot (thepeoplesmovies.com)
- New Trailer for ROCK OF AGES Features Tom Cruise Singing Bon Jovi’s “Wanted Dead or Alive” (collider.com)
- Shankman in talks to direct, produce ‘Leave You’ (variety.com)
- Hair Metal: The ‘Rock Of Ages’ Trailer Arrives, Brings Wigs (huffingtonpost.com)
- Tom Cruise Is Wanted Dead or Alive in New ‘Rock of Ages’ Trailer (screenrant.com)
- Tom Cruise: Singing In New ‘Rock of Ages’ Trailer! (justjared.com)
- What to expect from Warner Bros. Studios in the upcoming Year (cinemaic.wordpress.com)
- Katy Perry Gets Funky to Visit Russell Brand on the Rock of Ages Set (popsugar.com)