Based on true events, Warner Bros. Pictures’ and GK Films‘ dramatic thriller “Argo” chronicles the life-or-death covert operation to rescue six Americans, which unfolded behind the scenes of the Iran hostage crisis—the truth of which was unknown by the public for decades.
Academy Award® winner Ben Affleck (“The Town,” “Good Will Hunting”) directs and stars in the film, which is being produced by Academy Award® winner George Clooney (“Syriana”), Oscar® nominee Grant Heslov (“Good Night, and Good Luck.“) and Affleck.
On November 4, 1979, as the Iranian revolution reaches its boiling point, militants storm the U.S. embassy in Tehran, taking 52 Americans hostage. But, in the midst of the chaos, six Americans manage to slip away and find refuge in the home of the Canadian ambassador. Knowing it is only a matter of time before the six are found out and likely killed, a CIA “exfiltration” specialist named Tony Mendez (Affleck) comes up with a risky plan to get them safely out of the country. A plan so incredible, it could only happen in the movies.
“Argo” also stars Oscar® winner Alan Arkin (“Little Miss Sunshine”), Bryan Cranston (TV’s “Breaking Bad”) and John Goodman (“You Don’t Know Jack”). The main cast also includes Kerry Bishé, Kyle Chandler, Rory Cochrane, Christopher Denham, Tate Donovan, Clea DuVall, Victor Garber, Zeljko Ivanek, Richard Kind, Scoot McNairy, Chris Messina, Michael Parks, and Taylor Schilling.
Affleck is directing the film from a screenplay by Chris Terrio, based on a selection from Master in Disguise by Antonio Mendez. David Klawans, Chris Brigham, Graham King, Tim Headington, Chay Carter and Nina Wolarsky are serving as executive producers. The behind-the-scenes creative team includes Oscar®-nominated director of photography Rodrigo Prieto (“Brokeback Mountain”), production designer Sharon Seymour (“The Town”); Oscar®-nominated editor William Goldenberg (“Seabiscuit,” “The Insider”); and Oscar®-nominated costume designer Jacqueline West (“The Social Network,” “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button“).
Filming on “Argo” is being accomplished in Los Angeles, Washington D.C. and Istanbul.
Slated for release in 2012, “Argo” is a presentation of Warner Bros. Pictures, in association with GK Films, a Smoke House Pictures production, to be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.
- Trailer For Argo (firewireblog.com)
- Ben Affleck’s 70s Set Hostage Thriller ARGO Gets a Trailer (geektyrant.com)
- Ben Affleck Debuts ‘Argo’ Trailer (inquisitr.com)
- Time To Dig First (UK) Trailer For Ben Affleck’s 1970′s Set Thriller ARGO (thepeoplesmovies.com)
- Hot Trailer: Ben Affleck’s ‘Argo’ (m.deadline.com)
- Ben Affleck’s ‘Argo’ Trailer – Watch Now! (justjared.com)
- NEW Dark Shadows – Vampire History Featurette !!! (cinemaic.wordpress.com)
- ‘Argo’ Trailer: CIA Meets Hollywood in Ben Affleck’s Historical Thriller (screenrant.com)
- Ben Affleck’s Argo Gets A Trailer (themonsterpopcorn.com)
- Warner Bros. Moves Ben Affleck’s ARGO to October 12; Pushes THE GANGSTER SQUAD to Late 2012 (collider.com)
- DARK SHADOWS In theaters and IMAX on May 11 (cinemaic.wordpress.com)
- The Story Behind… The Warner Bros. Logo (myfilmviews.com)
- Bearded Ben Affleck Talks Casting Blake and the Challenges of Being a Director (popsugar.com)
- ‘Dark Knight Rises’: Christopher Nolan’s masked ambitions (herocomplex.latimes.com)
- ‘The Little Shop Of Horrors’ Cult Classic To Be Reimagined For Warner Brothers (eurasiareview.com)
- Seventh Son Concept Art Shows an Exorcist on a Quest for the One Ring (dreadcentral.com)
- Alexander Skarsgard to Topline Warner Bros. Thriller HIDDEN (collider.com)
- GK Films Teams with Tobey Maguire to Adapt Upcoming Young Adult Sci-Fi Trilogy THE 5TH WAVE (collider.com)
- MOVIES: ‘Titans’ tickles the funny bone on its way to Hades (kitsapsun.com)
- Warner Brothers digtial distribution launches “Inside the Script” digital publising initative (teleread.com)
- Duplass Brothers Sign To Script ‘Mule’ For Todd Phillips To Direct At Warner Bros (deadline.com)
- Netflix, Warner Bros. say Whitney Houston movie wasn’t yanked for profit – CBS News (cbsnews.com)
- Film: Newswire: Warner Bros. pulls Bullet To The Head, Stallone pursuing other shirtlessness options (avclub.com)
- Bradley Cooper Signs With Warner Bros (inquisitr.com)
- Producer Trio Starts Primal Pictures, Putting Warner Bros Into Low Budget Genre Game (deadline.com)
- The Warner Brothers Batgirl Recliner (shoppingblog.com)
- In which I sit in a Soyuz capsule with a Real Live Astronaut (planetary.org)
- 2012 MTV Movie Awards Nominees (therogersrevue.wordpress.com)
- New Years Eve DVD *Giveaway* (theeclecticelement.blogspot.com)
- Warner Brothers starts selling 1080p movies on iTunes (theverge.com)
- 11th Annual Golden Trailer Awards Nominations Announced. Awards Show June 10 in L.A. Will Fete Best Movie Trailers of 2010 (prweb.com)
- Warner Bros. Wins In Last Samurai Lawsuit (perezhilton.com)
- Warner Bros announces release date for Jackie Robinson biopic (thegrio.com)
- What Will $3 Buy You? A Movie on Facebook! (epiphanysolutions.co.uk)