FOR CBS FILMS AND GOOD UNIVERSE
LOS ANGELES – May 10, 2012 – CBS Films and Good Universe announced today that two-time Oscar®-winner Robert De Niro will star in the comedy LAST VEGAS alongside two-time Oscar®-winner Michael Douglas.
Directed by Jon Turteltaub (National Treasure, While You Were Sleeping) from a screenplay by Dan Fogelman (Crazy, Stupid, Love, Tangled), LAST VEGAS is a comedy about four old friends who decide to throw a Las Vegas bachelor party for the only one of them who has remained single. De Niro will play the party-averse Paddy Connelly, who reluctantly agrees to fly to Vegas at the request of his friends. Douglas will play Billy Gerson, a lifelong bachelor, who has finally decided to take the plunge.
Good Universe, which launches its global sales operation in Cannes this month led by principal Joe Drake, is handling international sales. The ensemble comedy is being produced by Laurence Mark (Julie & Julia, Dreamgirls) and Amy Baer. Good Universe’s Nathan Kahane and Nicole Brown will executive produce. Matt Leonetti will co-produce.
Executive Vice President of Production Maria Faillace and Creative Executive Alex Ginno are overseeing the project for CBS Films.
Michael Douglas is represented by WME and Robert De Niro by CAA. Legal for Douglas is handled by Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP and legal for De Niro is handled by Grubman, Indursky & Schindler. Dan Freedman and Allison Mella Strina negotiated the deals for Good Universe.
About CBS Films
CBS Films is a division of CBS Corporation. CBS Films will release four to six movies a year, spanning all genres. For more information, log on to http://www.cbsfilms.com.
About Good Universe
In May 2012, longtime partners Joe Drake and Nathan Kahane founded Good Universe, a full-service motion picture financing, production and global sales company. The new company —which launches its global sales operation in Cannes this month presenting its first two films Oldboy and Last Vegas — already has the infrastructure and resources to develop, package, produce and fully finance its movies. Good Universe opened its doors with over a dozen films on its development slate and is acquiring new material in three specific areas: bigger multi-quadrant properties with true franchise potential, expanding the Ghost House Pictures brand with a reinvestment and increased focus on the horror genre, and a focus on the kinds of movies that defined its predecessor company Mandate Pictures —singular, original voices with universal stories to tell. Future franchises will be modeled on Drake’s franchise-building strategy at Lionsgate that resulted in the global box-office juggernaut The Hunger Games. The company will also complete a number of Mandate pictures currently in production including the highly anticipated Hope Springs starring Meryl Streep, Tommy Lee Jones and Steve Carell, to be released by Sony Pictures this August.
- Robert De Niro Joins Michael Douglas In ‘Last Vegas;’ Joe Drake Brokering Offshore Deals At Cannes (deadline.com)
- Robert De Niro Joins Michael Douglas In ‘Last Vegas’ (slashfilm.com)
- Robert De Niro joins Michael Douglas in Last Vegas (guardian.co.uk)
- Robert De Niro Confirmed to Join Michael Douglas in Comedy LAST VEGAS (collider.com)
- Robert De Niro confirmed for ‘Last Vegas’ (digitalspy.co.uk)
- Film: Newswire: Robert De Niro and Michael Douglas making The Hangover with old people, basically (avclub.com)
- Robert De Niro Confirmed for LAST VEGAS (geektyrant.com)
- Showbiz: Michael Douglas to star alongside Robert De Niro in new film (walesonline.co.uk)
- Michael Douglas & Robert De Niro Team For ‘Hangover’ Film ‘Last Vegas’ (screenrant.com)
- CBS films eyes more targeted films (variety.com)