THE DARK KNIGHT RISES / Exclusive Prize Pack GiveawayPlease enter to win Prize Packs on behalf of the film by answering the following thematic question on Twitter/@cinemaic Unscramble the words to reveal the mayor of Gotham City in THE DARK KNIGHT RISES who is of Cuban and Spanish descent:
It has been eight years since Batman vanished into the night, turning, in that instant, from hero to fugitive. Assuming the blame for the death of D.A. Harvey Dent, the Dark Knight sacrificed everything for what he and Commissioner Gordon both hoped was the greater good. For a time the lie worked, as criminal activity in Gotham City was crushed under the weight of the anti-crime Dent Act.
But everything will change with the arrival of a cunning cat burglar with a mysterious agenda. Far more dangerous, however, is the emergence of Bane, a masked terrorist whose ruthless plans for Gotham drive Bruce out of his self-imposed exile. But even if he dons the cape and cowl again, Batman may be no match for Bane.
Leading an all-star international cast, Oscar
® winner Christian Bale (“The Fighter”) again plays the dual role of Bruce Wayne/Batman. “The Dark Knight Rises” also stars Anne Hathaway, as Selina Kyle; Tom Hardy, as Bane; Oscar® winner Marion Cotillard (“La Vie en Rose”), as Miranda Tate; and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, as John Blake.
Returning to the main cast, Oscar
® winner Michael Caine (“The Cider House Rules”) plays Alfred; Gary Oldman is Commissioner Gordon; and Oscar® winner Morgan Freeman (“Million Dollar Baby”) reprises the role of Lucius Fox.
The screenplay is written by Jonathan Nolan and Christopher Nolan, story by Christopher Nolan & David S. Goyer. The film is produced by Emma Thomas, Christopher Nolan and Charles Roven, who previously teamed on “Batman Begins” and the record-breaking blockbuster “The Dark Knight.” The executive producers are
Behind the scenes, “The Dark Knight Rises” reunites the director with several of his longtime collaborators, all of whom worked together on “The Dark Knight.” The creative team includes director of photography Wally Pfister, who won an Oscar
® for his work on Nolan’s “Inception”; production designers Nathan Crowley and Kevin Kavanaugh; editor Lee Smith; and Oscar®-winning costume designer Lindy Hemming (“Topsy-Turvy”). In addition, Paul Franklin and Chris Corbould, who both won Oscars® for the effects in “Inception,” supervised the visual and special effects, respectively. The music is composed by Oscar® winner Hans Zimmer (“The Lion King”).
In helming the film, Christopher Nolan utilized IMAX
® cameras even more extensively than he did on “The Dark Knight,” which had marked the first time ever that a major feature film was even partially shot with the large-format cameras.
“The Dark Knight Rises” will be presented on 70-millimeter film in 102 IMAX 15/70mm locations worldwide. Christopher Nolan stated, “Having shot almost half the picture with large-format IMAX film cameras, it is very important to me that we show ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ in the IMAX film format wherever possible. Audiences everywhere should be assured that every presentation of the film will be of the highest standard—having benefited from the clarity and depth IMAX cameras offer. However, these 102 screens will showcase the original IMAX film photography in its optimum form, and I hope anyone who has an opportunity to experience the film in these theatres will seek it out.”
Warner Bros. Pictures presents, in association with Legendary Pictures, a Syncopy Production, a Film by Christopher Nolan, “The Dark Knight Rises.” Opening in theatres and IMAX, the film will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.
This film has been rated PG-13 for intense sequences of violence and action, some sensuality and language.
- Christopher Nolan insists size matters for The Dark Knight Rises (o.canada.com)
- First Clip from THE DARK KNIGHT RISES Features Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Gary Oldman (collider.com)
- ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ With Bane for IMAX – POSTER (hollywood.com)
- Christopher and Jonathan Nolan Talk About How Charles Dickens Shaped ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ (slashfilm.com)
- Comic-Con Exclusive THE DARK KNIGHT RISES Mondo Poster! (badassdigest.com)
- This Week’s Cover: Christian Bale and Christopher Nolan discuss the making and meaning of ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ (popwatch.ew.com)
- ‘the Dark Knight Rises’ Soundtrack: What Does It Tell Us? (contactmusic.com)
- New behind the scenes video for Batman The Dark Knight Rises (stuffmideast.com)
- ‘The Dark Night Rises’: Christopher Nolan’s Batman Trilogy Trailer (screencrave.com)
- Christopher Nolan Promises a ‘True Conclusion’ with ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ (screenrant.com)
- ‘Dark Knight Rises’ Updates: Bane Ends The Journey (splashpage.mtv.com)
- SDCC ’12 | Jock’s The Dark Knight Rises con-exclusive poster (robot6.comicbookresources.com)
- Batman’s Lambo Aventador spotted at Silverstone (topgear.com)
- ‘Dark Knight Rises’ Trailer #4: Bane’s War On Gotham City (screenrant.com)
- Final Trailer For ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ Hits The Net (forbes.com)
- SR Giveaway – Win A ‘Dark Knight Rises’ Mega Prize Pack (screenrant.com)
- Nokia maps 3D Gotham City in The Dark Knight Rises tie-in (slashgear.com)
- ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ Script Was Influenced By ‘A Tale Of Two Cities’ (Yes, Really) (screencrave.com)
- The Dark Knight Rises: New 13-minute featurette (ibnlive.in.com)
- THE DARK KNIGHT RISES Giveaway (collider.com)
- ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ Soundtrack: Listen To The Complete Score! (screencrave.com)
- The Dark Knight Rises: ‘A Tale Of Two Cities’ Is The Story’s Literary Source, According To Director (huffingtonpost.com)
- Hear All Of ‘the Dark Knight Rises’ Score Right HereBefore… (darkerme.com)
- Listen to the Complete Soundtrack for ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ (screenrant.com)
- The Dark Knight Rises 13-Minute TV Special (hypebeast.com)
- THE DARK KNIGHT RISES – Exclusive Giveaway!!!!!!!!!!!!! (cinemaic.wordpress.com)
- ‘Dark Knight Rises’ IMAX Posters, New Christopher Nolan Photos, Retrospective Video (comicsalliance.com)
- New Trailer for THE DARK KNIGHT RISES: “Journey” (collider.com)
- Dark Knight Rises: Can It Win The Oscar For ‘best Picture’? (contactmusic.com)