I would please like to begin by saying “The Amazing Spiderman” is truly a work of ART! Don’t get me wrong, I am grateful that Sam Raimi was able to bring his vision of Spiderman to life but however it does not compare to Marc Webb‘s “The Amazing Spiderman”. The Marc Webb production is far superior from casting Andrew Garfield in the title role to the 3D Special Effects.
Few fun facts you should know if you have not seen the film yet.
1. Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield were romantically linked when shooting the Film making the loves scenes a bit more intense and believeble.
2. Andrew Garfield was a Gymnist growing up.
3. Mr. Garfield performed most of his own stunts in the film. Andrew Garfield’s Spiderman was more on a Wire/Harness than CGI, that is why there are many scenes of Spiderman unmasked.
The Camera work and the 3D special effects are outstanding! For a moment I thought the Antenna on the Empire State Building was going to hit me in of the the awesome 3D scenes.
It is very safe to say the The Amazing Spiderman is a SPECTACULAR film that you will love to watch over and over again!!!
THIS IS A MUST OWN!!!!!!!!!
“It’s the best Spider-Man yet. A brilliant reimagining of an epic franchise.
I can’t wait to see it again.”– Marlow Stern, Newsweek
“Emma and Andrew are wonderful together.” –Carrie Keagan, VH1
$700 Million Worldwide Box Office Hit Swings onto
Blu-ray™ Combo Pack and DVD with UltraViolet™ on Friday, November 9th
Directed by Marc Webb
Starring Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone
THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN™
Loaded with Hours of Bonus Features, Including
90 Minutes of Behind-the-Scenes Documentaries, Deleted Scenes,
Audio Commentary, and More
Blu-ray Exclusive “Amazing Spider-Man Second Screen App” Featuring Full Movie Sync Option with Director’s Notebook Including Additional Interviews, Pre-Visualization Sequences, Production Timeline, and More
Blu-ray 3D™ Disc Exclusive Bonus Content Includes Interactive
3D 101 with Marc Webb and 3D Scene Progression Reel
CULVER CITY, CALIF. (September 4, 2012) – One of themost beloved and iconic super heroes of all time reemerges in THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN™,debuting on Blu-ray™/DVD Combo Pack, Blu-ray 3D™ Combo Pack, DVD, and a Limited Edition Gift Set with collectible Spider-Man and Lizard figurines, all with UltraViolet™, on Friday, November 9th from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. Presented forthe first time in at-home 3D, THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN tells the story of teenage Peter Parker, who grapples with both high school and amazing super-human crises as his alter-ego Spider-Man battles The Lizard. Directed by Marc Webb ((500) Days of Summer), THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN stars Andrew Garfield (The Social Network) as Peter Parker, a.k.a. Spider-Man, and Emma Stone (The Help) as Gwen Stacy. The film also features Rhys Ifans (Notting Hill) as Dr. Curt Connors, a.k.a. The Lizard, Denis Leary (TV’s “Rescue Me”) as Captain Stacy, Campbell Scott (TV’s “Damages”) as Richard Parker, and Irrfan Khan (Slumdog Millionaire) as Rajit Ratha. Rounding out the all-star cast are Martin Sheen (TV’s “The West Wing”) as Uncle Ben and two-time Academy Award® winner for Best Actress, Sally Field (Norma Rae, 1979; Places in the Heart, 1984), as Aunt May.
The Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack comes with three discs:
- Disc one is a Blu-ray containing the feature film, as well as the “Amazing Spider-Man Second Screen App,” which can be used with the Sony Tablet™ S, Xperia Tablet™ S and iPad. The App syncs with the film as it plays in “Timeline” mode and features “Production” mode allowing users to “sling” content from their tablets to the TV screen for a greater and more interactive HD experience. Content includes interviews, storyboards, concept art, pre-visualization sequences, stunt rehearsals, and more.
- Disc two is a Blu-ray featuring 90 minutes of behind-the-scenes documentaries, taking viewers behind the scenes of the development and direction of the film, casting, costumes, location shoots, visual effects, and more.
- Disc three is a DVD that includes the feature film, as well as stunt rehearsals and deleted scenes, The Oscorp Archives, an image gallery featuring production art stills, and audio commentary with director Marc Webb, and producers Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach.
In addition to the three discs of content in the Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack, the Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack contains a fourth disc featuring the film in 3D. Exclusive to the Blu-ray 3D is also an image progression reel and the “3D 101 with Marc Webb” featurette, providing a look at the 3D techniques used for the film and allowing viewers to toggle through three scenes from the film at different levels of 3D. The Limited Edition Gift Set, available at select retailers, comes with collectible Spider-Man and Lizard figurines, in addition to the 4-disc Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack.
THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN™ is the story of Peter Parker (Garfield), an outcast high schooler who was abandoned by his parents as a boy, leaving him to be raised by his Uncle Ben (Sheen) and Aunt May(Field). Like most teenagers, Peter is trying to figure out who he is and how he got to be the person he is today. When Peter discovers a mysterious briefcase that belonged to his father, he begins a quest to understand his parents’ disappearance – leading him directly to Oscorp and the lab of Dr. Curt Connors (Ifans), his father’s former partner. As Spider-Man is set on a collision course with Connors’ alter-ego, The Lizard, Peter will make life-altering choices to use his powers and shape his destiny to become a hero.
Based on the Marvel comic book by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko, THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN was directed by Marc Webb from the screenplay by James Vanderbilt and Alvin Sargent and Steve Kloves, and a story by James Vanderbilt. Stan Lee, Kevin Feige and Michael Grillo served as executive producers, with Laura Ziskin, Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach as producers.
Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack Special Features:
Disc 1: 2D Blu-ray feature film
- The Amazing Spider-Man Second Screen App, including interviews, storyboards, alternate takes, costume tests, pre-visualization sequences and more. Allows you to “sling” content from your tablet to the TV.
Disc 2: 2D Blu-ray featuring 90 Minutes of Behind-the-Scenes Documentaries, including:
o Development and Direction
o On Location: LA
o On Stage: Sony Studios
o On Location: NY
o Post Production and Release
- 16 Pre-Visualization Sequences
Disc 3: DVD feature film
- Deleted Scenes
- Filmmaker Audio Commentary
- The Oscorp Archives – Production Art Gallery
- Stunt Rehearsals
Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack Special Features:
All of the 3-Disc Combo Pack Special Features plus…
Disc 1: 3D Blu-ray
- 3D versions of the film
- 3D 101 with Director Marc Webb
- 3D Image Progression Reel
Disc 2: 2D Blu-ray feature film
Disc 3: 2D Blu-ray featuring 90 Minutes of Behind-the-Scenes Documentaries
Disc 4: DVD feature film
Limited Edition Gift Set Special Features:
All of the 4-Disc Blu-ray 3D/Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack Special Features plus…
- Collectible Amazing Spider-Man Figurine
- Collectible Lizard Figurine
The Amazing Spider-Man has a running time of 136 minutes and is rated PG-13 for sequences of action and violence.
“Academy Award®” is the registered trademark and service mark of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. Marvel, and the names and distinctive likenesses of Spider-Man™ and all other Marvel characters: ™ and © 2012 Marvel Entertainment, LLC & its subsidiaries. All rights reserved.
UltraViolet is an entirely new way to collect and enjoy your digital entertainment, giving you the power to instantly access your movies and TV shows with unprecedented flexibility. For more information, visit www.uvvu.com.
SONY PICTURES HOME ENTERTAINMENT
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (SPHE) is a Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) company. SPE is a subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America, a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE’s global operations encompass motion picture production and distribution; television production and distribution; home entertainment acquisition and distribution; a global channel network; digital content creation and distribution; operation
of studio facilities; development of new entertainment products, services and technologies; and distribution of entertainment in more than 159 countries. For additional information, go to http://www.sonypictures.com/
- 4 Must-Wear Shades From The Amazing Spider-Man Collection (bellasugar.com)
- Jimmy Aquino and The Amazing Spider-Man (jimmyaquino.typepad.com)
- The Amazing Spider-Man: Movie review – Celebrity News (sfluxe.com)
- Emma Stone’s Style Heats Up as The Amazing Spider-Man Tour Continues (fabsugar.com)
- The Amazing Spider-Man to become a trilogy (sfluxe.com)
- Review: The Amazing Spider-Man (metronews.ca)
- You: ‘The Amazing Spider-Man’ Premiers (thedailybeast.com)
- Andrew Garfield – Andrew Garfield Designed Spider-man’s Skateboard (contactmusic.com)
- Critics report: New Spider Man is amazing (sfluxe.com)
- Marc Webb Could Direct ‘Spider-Man’ Sequel If He Agrees To New Fox Deal (splashpage.mtv.com)